The first question raised right before any hesitations is how to buy a down comforter ?here are some suggestions:
How to buy a down comforter and not be fooled by sellers? Some silk duvets resellers take advantage of the ignorance of Western consumers to sell everything and anything under the silk comforter name. However, a silk comforter is not just a quilt that contains silk. All silk comforter properties reside in the choice of the best raw material and in a tedious and time consuming manufacturing process. The good news is that a quality comforter not only bring you unparalleled comfort but also last much longer.
2- Choose a Packing With Long Grade Silk Fibers A
Knowing how to buy a down comforter is caring about the material. The A grade is the best quality silk. It imposes a selection of good quality cocoons which take place over a long and steady period.
A comforterwith a silk lining grade A is much more durable and more uniform packing.
3- The production Must Be Manually and Without Top Stitching
The topstitching is highlighted by some unscrupulous dealers. In fact, it serves to keep poor quality upholstery and create thermal bridge. A good silk comfortermust be handmade and without topstitching. The traditional production method that involves stretching and cross the long silk fibers on a variety of thicknesses allows excellent holding of the packing and sustaining. It is only with this long manual work as silk lining may breathe and offer the best heat regulation. As you can see in the picture, our silk quilts are banded so as to secure the shell and the lining without the need for quilting.
Caution: stitched quilts can be garnished with poor quality silk or even silk waste, which may contain harmful particles.
4. Check for a Zipper
5- Ensure The Absence of Toxic Products
As we have some tips on how to buy a down comforter, here’s something worth caring: the supplier’s health inspection certificate.
The international body Oeko Tex regularly checks our provider and issue a certificate of Oeko Tex Standard 100.
It is not a guarantee of quality or eco-label as can be read here or there. It just means that our products are free from harmful substances to health and skin.
6. Beware of Quilts “washable”
We see more and more silk comforters "washable at 30 ° C" on the market. Once again, we must be very careful about this misleading term because after two washes with water, a silk comforterwill have lost much of its thermal properties and sanitation.
Indeed, silk is a fiber which naturally absorbs moisture. This property prevents the growth of bacteria and mites and allows the fiber to better regulate the temperature.
Despite that a deteriorated lining inside the comforter keeps a reasonable appearance after washing, this type of comforterhas no zipper to find the degradation of the tissue lining.
7- The Advantage Links
Our silk duvets feature links on the corners and sides. It is possible, for example to change your comforterby superimposing a mid-season comforter to get a warm comforter for the winter. Thus it is not necessary to invest in a very expensive winter duvet.
8. The Quality of The Envelope
The envelopes of our silk quilts are 250 TC. TC (Thread Count) is the unit of measurement of tissue density in number of son / inch². With too low quality, there is a risk of tearing and silk lining that is less well protected.
9. Silk Comforters
Thanks to a temperature controlled and uniform and reducing allergens which take responsible for itching and sneezing, using a silk comforterhelps restore a healthy, restful sleep.
- Filling 100% long silk fibers Grade A
- Cover 100% cotton 250 TC
- Naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial
- Manual construction for even heat
Questions Should Be Asked
- Why choose our silk duvets?
- What weight silk choose?
- The natural properties of silk comforters
- What size to choose quilt for my bed?
- Show Choosing Comforter for A Wedding Room
- Dream Factory Trains Toddler Down Comforter Set Review
- Luxurious Siberian Goose Organic Down Comforter
Properties Silk Duvets
- Thermoregulatory, it is ideal for people suffering from hot flashes or unheated rooms where temperature variations may be material.
- Airy and light, it prevents choking feeling one can have with other types of heavy and thick duvets and thins the blood.
- Soft and enveloping, it avoids thermal bridges.
- Absorbent, it limits the humidity and thus the perspiration while cleaning the air.
- Hypoallergenic, it is ideal for people with asthma or allergies of the skin and the respiratory tract.
- The itching and sneezing which often cause sleeping disorders are visibly reduced.
- Antibacterial, it is naturally healthy without any chemical treatment.
- Ecological, sericulture requires no chemical treatment and silk worms are fed exclusively on mulberry leaves to produce their cocoons.