Keeping the bed room clean and hygiene is one of the most important tasks you need to do. Your bed must be clean for two reasons:
First, if you not regularly wash the comforter, your health will be threatened because of the bacteria. This is one of the main causes of allergies and also the germ of respiratory diseases for those who have sensitive skin or children.
Secondly, it is for your comfort, you certainly do not want to sleep on the dirty and smell bed after a long day working hard, right? So, try to keep the comfort soft to sleep well.
However, many people agree that washing a down comforter is not as easy as washing a normal comforter. Actually, washing down comforter is very simple. All you need is a quality washing liquid, a fabric softener and, of course, a washing machine. Visit here and get some useful tips for you.
First of all, there are some general notices for not only the down comforter but also the cotton comforter:
Although it may take much time, you should sort before washing your down comforter. Ideally, you should wash the comforter separately because of its large size. If you wash the clothes together with the comforter, your washing machine can become overloaded. Therefore, the machine cannot self- adjust neither washing mode nor the volume of water, then it will affect the cleaning process. In addition, small items like underwear can become entangled in the inner of comforter so that the comforter can still not be clean after washing.
2. Read the Instruction Carefully Before Washing.
Always remember to read the washing instructions inside the comforter carefully before washing, especially the suitable temperatures to wash. You should wash your down comforter at the highest temperature written in the instruction to help the washing machine remove the bacteria or germs accumulating in the comforter.
3. Use Washing Liquid and Fabric Softener
Washing liquid, as well as a fabric softener, is all things you need to wash the down comforter. Washing liquid will help you remove the stains while water softener will make the comforter become soft and smooth. On the contrary, using the washing powder can sometimes make the down comforter rough and harsh. It is because down is a natural insulator found beneath the feathers of waterfowl, such as ducks and geese so it is very sensitive.
If you always want to have a smooth bed to fall asleep every night, a fabric softener is a perfect choice for you.
Now you need specially wash your down comforters so that they are always fluffy and soft. Below is a step by step guide:
- Before washing the feather comforter, you should check whether there is a mark on the comforter or not. If the comforter is torn, the feathers inside will be falling out and the process of your washing machine can damage your down comforter. Therefore, if you detect any sign of laceration, you should stitch this mark before washing.
- You may find that front-loading washing machines can perform this task easier than the top loader washing machines because of the wider chamber. Although the top- loading washing machines can operate with a larger washing volume, their rotating part is in the center of the machine. So, it is difficult to wash a comforter with large size. If you do not have a front loader washing machine, you can carry out your down comforter in a laundry shop.
- It is not due to the size of your down comforter to decide that it will be more time-consuming to natural dry than a normal comforter because of its soft feather inside. However, you should not be subjective because if the comforter is still wet, the mold will start to appear and grow up in the natural feathers and certainly affects your health. Therefore, you should let them dry as quickly as possible, if necessary, use a clothes dryer. Ideally, the down comforter should be dried within 12 hours after taking off the clothes dryer - if so, the mold cannot accumulate and grow.
As you can see, it is not difficult to wash your down comforter by yourself. Following these notices, you can keep your comforter clean for a long- term use. Hope you to do it well!