There is nothing better than resting on a bed covered with soft and smooth comforter at the end of a hard- working day. An ideal comforter is the foundation of comfort which gives you a restful sleep. So what will happen if you choose a good mattress but make mistake in selecting the mattress cover?
1. The Materials.
Cotton: This is the best choice for bed sheets. The material of 100% cotton will bring the aeration, soft, comfort and long- term use.
- Mixed cotton: This fabric offers hot and sticky feeling, not like the material of 100% cotton.
- Silk: elegance and purity are two significant features of this fabric. However, its drawback is that it is expensive and difficult to preserve and wash.
- Bamboo fiber: A new kind of the fabric world, similar to cotton but more breathable and has natural antibacterial properties.
- Modal: biological fabric which is made from recycled cellulose of beech. It is very soft and considered as a popular application for both clothing and household textiles like bedding, mattresses, chairs, and towels. Modal can be used alone or in combination with cotton, spandex, or other textile materials.
This fabric has the same properties as cotton: soft, smooth and breathable, absorbent and very easy to dye. Moreover, it has some significant advantages over these like bringing cool feeling to the touch, resistance to shrinkage, being good at anti-wrinkle; maintaining softness and elasticity for long term. It can maintain the refreshing after many times being washed.
- Microfiber: This is a synthetic product, regarded as the new generation of synthetic fibers. Microfiber is a combination of two fiber groups: 80% is Polyester (a fiber which is able to dustproof, waterproof and fireproof) and 20% is Polyamide (a nylon fiber which is absorbent and dry quickly).
The characteristic of the fabric is having very soft microfiber, sleek but hot. However, there is another annoying feature which is easily attached feathers and hair, so if you have a dog or a cat, do not use this fabric.
- Elastic cotton: This fabric is also preferred, stretchy, soft but easy to torn.
- Flannel: Made from duffel, but nowadays, most fabrics are made from wool flannel, cotton or other synthetic materials. Fall and winter are the most suitable times for you to buy a flannel comforter. It becomes more common in winter because it is convenient, easy to combine, warm and comfortable. This is the traditional fabric for winter.
- Satin: This type of fabric looks light, shadow, and seems pretty advanced. However, this fabric is easy to scratch because of the unequal amount of horizontal and vertical fabrics.
India or Egypt cotton: this is high-quality fabrics, specially soft and durable.
- Organic Cotton: they use chemical to produce this kind of fabric to reduce shrinkage and wrinkle resistance. However, this fabric is more sensitive to the body and just perfect if you do not prefer to use completely natural fabrics.
- Cotton silk: to produce cotton silk, they remove the short cotton fibers and impurities to create a lighter and smoother fabric.
2. Your Favorites
You can choose colors and patterns for the comforter basing on your personality. White and natural light colors are the most popular choices for the bedroom which can meet individual style even the most impressive style. Another choice is fabric stripes, floral or polka dot colors. It will not fade or overwhelming when combined with other items such as blankets on the bed, pillows or bolsters.
When selecting for kids, the advice is choosing whatever they like, whether it is a cartoon character, the theme of space, animals or the quirky geometry. The more they like the bed sheet, the easier and sweeter their sleep will come.
Although each mattress just needs a comforter as you can carry it out for washing, drying and inserting in one day, for your convenience, you should buy at least three of them. It is in order to change even when you unintentionally blur it at night.
3. What You Should Know About The Density of The Fabric
The quality of fabric is based on the amount of knit fabric on fabric square 10cm2
The density of fiber from 200 to 400: This fabric is suitable for daily use as it is soft and comfortable; the cotton fabric has density of 200 fibers per 10cm2.
The density of fiber more than 400: It is premium fabrics, famous for its silky and softness.
The density of fiber less than 200: This is a rough fabric, often used as a sleeping bag or bed sheets for children.
Hope these guides will help you choose an ideal comforter!